Dawn Graham – Future Proof Your Career
Dawn is host of the SiriusXM radio show, Dr. Dawn on Careers, Author of Switchers: How Smart Professionals Change Careers – and Seize Success, and Director of the Wharton Career Center.
In this episode Lauren and Dawn discuss:
- What trends should leaders focus on in order to future proof their career
- How the hiring process works and what goes on in the mind of a hiring manager.
- Strategies for having a successful job search
- Advice on what you can do about the negative voice in your head
- We have to learn how to function well in ambiguity. Roll with the punches and switch your strategy when unexpected things happen.
- The reality is that hiring managers want to know if you’re resourceful enough to figure out what you don’t know. They also want you to make them look good through good results or good reputation.
- In job search, you don’t necessarily have to show your most impressive achievement, instead show your most relevant achievement.
- There’s a 100% chance that nothing will happen if you do nothing, but if you try something, there’s a chance that you might get an unexpected positive response and outcome.
“Take control of your career. You can, you’re not stuck. You’re not at the mercy of your hiring manager. If you practice and think through these things, you can control where the conversation goes and put the best light on yourself as a candidate.” – Dawn Graham
Reach out to Dawn Graham at:
Buy Dawn’s Book “Switchers:” https://www.amazon.com/dp/0814439632
Reach out to Lauren at:
IMPACT Group Website: www.impactgrouphr.com
Earn Your Worth Website: www.earnyourworthcareers.com
IMPACT Group LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-group/
Earn Your Worth LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/earn-your-worth-careers/
Get the book, Take Control of Your Job Search here:
Paperback Book: https://amzn.to/3tibaCz
100+ HR & Talent Leaders Weigh in on 5 Leadership Program Types.
See the Results.