Melody Zhang – Working in Non-Native Cultures
In this episode Lauren and Melody discuss:
- Struggling through challenges in confidence and aspirations
- Receiving negative feedback and using it to improve yourself
- Tips for people working in a non-native culture
- Internalizing wins to help your own growth and building the strength of your team
- Your ultimate aspiration will not be easily handed to you, focusing on career growth and levelling up will guide you.
- Feedback, especially the negative ones, informs you what skills you can improve or learn to become more successful in your field.
- Take initiative. Be honest about what you know about where you are and be humble enough to receive help. Practice vulnerability.
- A strong team will beat a lone superstar in growth, progression and success.
“You can only be as good as your team. You cannot be the only superstar in your team… only if you have a very strong team team – that actually will generate a platform for you to continue progressing” – Melody Zhang
Reach out to Melody Zhang at:
Impact Group Website: www.impactgrouphr.com
Earn Your Worth Website: www.earnyourworthcareers.com
Impact Group LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-group/
Earn Your Worth LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/earn-your-worth-careers/
Get the book, Take Control of Your Job Search here:
Paperback Book: https://amzn.to/3tibaCz
100+ HR & Talent Leaders Weigh in on 5 Leadership Program Types.
See the Results.