Penny Pennington – Live and Work with Purpose
Penny is Managing Partner at Edward Jones. She is one of the 41 women leading a Fortune 500 company in 2021.
In this episode Lauren and Penny discuss:
- Empowering women to set sights on leadership positions
- The difference between Success and Significance
- Advice on how women can transform their lives and the world around them, and achieve new heights in their career and purpose
- How do you understand and clarify your purpose
- Success is often tied with financial value. Instead of just going for a successful life, go for a significant life. Think about how you can impact others’ lives positively.
- Let go of the mindset of “if I can see it, I can be it” – you don’t have to see a woman in that chair before you can imagine yourself in that chair. You can be the first to get there.
- Never ever disqualify yourself. Start saying yes – even to the things that terrify you.
- Say Yes to the uncomfortable parts of the learning.
- Empathetic leadership: “Don’t execute the command I gave you, execute the command that I should’ve given you, had I known what you know.”
“Do not demure from proclaiming passionately what gets you up every day.” – Penny Pennington
Reach out to Penny Pennington at:
Reach out to Lauren at:
IMPACT Group Website: www.impactgrouphr.com
Earn Your Worth Website: www.earnyourworthcareers.com
IMPACT Group LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-group/
Earn Your Worth LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/earn-your-worth-careers/
Get the book, Take Control of Your Job Search here:
Paperback Book: https://amzn.to/3tibaCz
100+ HR & Talent Leaders Weigh in on 5 Leadership Program Types.
See the Results.