Sally Helgesen – How Women Rise
Sally Helgesen, cited in Forbes as the world’s premier expert on women’s leadership, is an internationally best-selling author, speaker and leadership coach.
In this episode Lauren and Sally discuss:
- The premise of “how women rise” – replacing habits that hinder you from advancing in your career.
- How beliefs shape behavior that hold women back – shying back from being recognized and other traps that keep you from leveling up in your career.
- The difference between building relationships and leveraging relationships – and how you can incorporate both in your connections.
- Growing from being a detail-oriented expert to a strategic, big-picture thinker.
- The very habits that can serve you best in the beginning to the middle point of your career can be the ones that are most likely to hold you back as you seek to move higher or move into leadership positions.
- The reluctance to claim your achievements is often the product of you believing that it’s important that everyone feels comfortable around you at every moment.
- Sometimes it’s not enough to show your skill and dedication then just wait for others to notice – allow yourself to be recognized, communicate your worth and aspiration.
- It doesn’t have to be either/or, you can build genuine connections while leveraging key strategic relationships.
“Think: ‘here’s what I really want to be known for in this job’ then find a way to articulate that.” – Sally Helgesen
Get Sally Helgelsen’s books at: https://sallyhelgesen.com/sallysbooks/
Reach out to Sally at:
Reach out to Lauren at:
IMPACT Group Website: www.impactgrouphr.com
Earn Your Worth Website: www.earnyourworthcareers.com
IMPACT Group LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-group/
Earn Your Worth LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/earn-your-worth-careers/
Get the book, Take Control of Your Job Search here:
Paperback Book: https://amzn.to/3tibaCz
100+ HR & Talent Leaders Weigh in on 5 Leadership Program Types.
See the Results.