Nina Leigh Krueger – Investing in your Career
Nina Leigh Krueger is the CEO and President at Nestlé Purina North America
In this episode Lauren and Nina Leigh discuss:
- The importance of having a sponsor and the difference between sponsors and mentors
- Continuing to invest in your career
- Identifying and acting upon inflection points to grow your career
- Empathy in leadership
- It’s important to build genuine relationships with people – you don’t always know who is looking out for you and your career interests, and the people who help you along the way might surprise you.
- You must ask for feedback from mentors and sponsors, while taking the time to process and accept it
- Mentors and sponsors are willing to see things in you that you may not be able to see yourself and find opportunities for development and growth that you may not know exist
- If you are going to ask someone to invest in you, be prepared; ask good questions; and listen
- Leadership requires tough decisions and taking on risk.
- Be present and gain skills in the job that you have today while understanding that there are many paths to success
“Your career, like your life, is a journey not a destination.” – Nina Leigh Krueger
“Finding people who are willing to invest their time and energy and experience to help you is truly a gift and not something that should be taken lightly.” – Nina Leigh Krueger
“Tough love leads to growth if you accept it as an opportunity and a gift.” – Nina Leigh Krueger
Reach out to Nina Leigh at:
Reach out to Lauren at:
IMPACT Group Website: www.impactgrouphr.com
Earn Your Worth Website: www.earnyourworthcareers.com
IMPACT Group LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/impact-group/
Earn Your Worth LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/earn-your-worth-careers/
Get the book, Take Control of Your Job Search here:
Paperback Book: https://amzn.to/3tibaCz
100+ HR & Talent Leaders Weigh in on 5 Leadership Program Types.
See the Results.